Lafede.cat is governed by assembly. As is indicated in our Statutes, the General Assembly is our supreme body, and its members have an inalienable right to take part. The Assembly is in charge of making strategic decisions and choosing the Managing Board. While our General Assembly is held at least once a year, the Board meets monthly to follow the political agenda and speed up executive matters.
At our Extraordinary General Assembly on January 19, 2013, the three former federations for Peace, Human Rights and Development agreed to merge into a single organization, which today is Lafede.cat.
The following documents help to ensure the proper operation of all governing bodies and member organizations:
Commission for Monitoring the Code of Ethics and Conduct
This comission it is not open. It is made up of a group of experts, with members approved by the Assembly. The Commission for Monitoring the Code of Ethics and Conduct seeks to:
- Offer judgement on organizations that ask to join Lafede.cat.
- Monitor member organizations on matters related to the Code of ethics and Conduct.
- Review the Code of ethics and Conduct and propose improvements to it.
- Promote the Code of ethics and Conduct among member organizations and citizens.
The Commission is made up of experts in different subjects addressed by the Code of ethics and Conduct, as well as representatives of Lafede.cat’s Managing Board and Technical Team. Its current members are:
- Mercè Claramunt Bielsa, expert in legal and gender issues and member of Dones Juristes (Women Jurists). Holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from the School of Law of the University of Barcelona. Also holds a Postgraduate Degree in Legal Evidence from the School of Law of the University of Barcelona.
- Montserrat Minobis, expert in communication and gender. Studied Philosophy and Letters and Communication Sciences. President of the International Network of Female Journalists and Communicators/International Network of Journalists with Gender Perspective. Coordinator in Catalonia of the Mediterranean Network of Women Journalists and Communicators. She is also President of La Independent- Agència de Notícies amb Visió de Gènere (News Agency with Gender Perspective).
- Enric Prats Gil, educational expert. Doctor in Pedagogy. Professor of International Pedagogy at the University of Barcelona. President of the Commission for Monitoring the Code of Ethics and Conduct at the Consell d’Associacions de Barcelona (Barcelona Associations Council).
- Pilar Molina, expert in third-sector organizations. Former member of the Board of the Federation and CONGDE.
- Marcelo Cano, holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Philosophy and Bioethics from the University of Barcelona (UB). Currently working on his thesis in bioethics. Professor at different universities since 1999.
- Rita Huybens, Vice Secretary of Lafede.cat.
- Pepa Martínez, Director of Lafede.cat.